× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 626x Bad Ethernet port

Printelf1979
Aspirant

Readynas 626x Bad Ethernet port

Need help! Took a power spike and it knocked out the ethernet port on my Readynas 626. Anybody know if there is a place to buy replacement I paid big bucks for this nas and not being able to do a simple fix is killing me! No the warranty is out on it, by 2 days. Can't claim on homeowners since I live in FL and have been told that be happy I have ins. if I put a "silly" claim in they drop you like hot potato (carriers reply to me). I have 14 employees and we use the nas as a real time server to egnyte.

I can see all drives and they come up as healthy through Raidar. Changed all cables so that leaves the ports. 

Model: RN626X | ReadyNAS 626X 6-Bay with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Printelf1979
Aspirant

Re: Readynas 626x Bad Ethernet port

Thank You for answering my questions. 

FYI for other folks like me out there getting this same issue with contacting support.

The  MY Support RMA process DOES NOT WORK WITH CHROME browser. 

I used IE and no problems. I also checked Firefox and Safari it works on those browsers too. 

I have paid for business replacement. Having this go down would be critical for my business. 

Again Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Printelf1979,

The RN626x has a 5 years hardware warranty and I believe this NAS model was just released 1 or 2 years ago so this should still be under warranty. If you are the original purchaser of the device, you may contact support so they can process an RMA. They may also require the proof of purchase before they can process the RMA.

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Printelf1979 wrote:

I can see all drives and they come up as healthy through Raidar. 

RAIDar accesses the NAS over ethernet, so ethernet itself has to be working.

Can you explain your symptoms a bit more?  Also check the link status via the leds on the NAS and the router.

@Printelf1979 wrote:

Readynas 626x. ... No the warranty is out on it, by 2 days.

That can't be, since the RN626x was launched in late 2016, and the manufacturer warranty is 5 years.  Are you sure you have an RN626x?

Message 3 of 8
Printelf1979
Aspirant

I have warranty on Readynas 626 until the year 2022 UNFORTUNATELY I can not find out how to get a RMA or any live phone number to call. Their support chat is broken....can't connect select language and nadda even tried all the other languages craps out. I really need to get this working again I am trying to run a business! I am running off old NAS but I need to get this one fixed ASAP. Can someone please tell me HOW??????? 

Model: RN626X | ReadyNAS 626X 6-Bay with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

1. Log into my.netgear.com
  2. Select "my support" from the left menu
  3. click on the blue button that says "contact support"
  4. click on the link that says "replace my defective netgear product"

Follow the prompts from there.

Message 5 of 8
Printelf1979
Aspirant

I have done this several times and you have to select language and it flips to espanol and even when I click to next for that it flips back to select language so I never get any further! Frustrating. grrrrrrr

Message 6 of 8
Printelf1979
Aspirant

Thank You for answering my questions. 

FYI for other folks like me out there getting this same issue with contacting support.

The  MY Support RMA process DOES NOT WORK WITH CHROME browser. 

I used IE and no problems. I also checked Firefox and Safari it works on those browsers too. 

I have paid for business replacement. Having this go down would be critical for my business. 

Again Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

FWIW, I was used Chrome as I was entering those instructions (to make sure I got them right).  That worked for me, although of course I didn't execute an RMA, I stopped after step 4 above was completed.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements