× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas DUO2 SMB V3 won't activate

Readynas DUO2 SMB V3 won't activate

Argh!!

this thing ALLEGEDLY has the latest firmware, but protocol is stuck on SMBV1.5

Our backup software declares that this old protocol is INSECURE, and will not work with SMB lower than V3

Apparently there is a genie app that will allow changing the minimum SMB level, but this NAS has FAILED to configure the "genii app intialization". Didnt like the "MARKETPLACE" password , failed to connect, even though its the same credentials that work for the registration page, whihc shows this device as registered.

oddly enough, the same NETGEAR PROFILE  page refuses to let me CHANGE the password ( fails!)

Password update

Failed to update your account password.

Invalid token

Anybody ever got this thing to work?

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: Readynas DUO2 SMB V3 won't activate

Thanks very much for the info.

I must say I am not in favor of adding a new NAS to the landfill EVERY THREE YEARS, so it will be a cold day in hell before I ever authorize another purchase of any kind of NETGEAR equipment for any of our six companies.

I suggest  that instead of introducing 16 new products  EVERY YEAR - that you simply make 5 or 6 products and keep them upgraded for a more reasonable timeframe. The hardware itself will easily last a DECADE or TWO, and a RESPONSIBLE company would design for firmware updates accordingly, to provide a long service life AND REDUCE THE WASTE AND POLLUTION...

(Just sayin!) Robot Happy

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please confirm the firmware version number.

The latest firmware for your device has a version of samba with experimental SMB2 support, but that is disabled.

Our current generation devices (e.g. RN212) support SMB3.

The genie marketplace for ReadyNAS was shutdown quite a long time ago.
Message 2 of 5

I have RAIDIATOR 5.3.13

Need SMB V3 ( industry standard , apparently) 

Are you saying that this machine purchased less than 5 years ago is NO LONGER SUPPORTED??

( Registered on: 22/Jul/2013 )

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That’s the latest firmware for your NAS.

The Duo V2 is beyond the security support period. We have no plans for any further firmware updates for it.

Based on that date you purchased your Duo V2 after we’d refreshed our product lineup with newer models with revolutionary changes.
Message 4 of 5

Thanks very much for the info.

I must say I am not in favor of adding a new NAS to the landfill EVERY THREE YEARS, so it will be a cold day in hell before I ever authorize another purchase of any kind of NETGEAR equipment for any of our six companies.

I suggest  that instead of introducing 16 new products  EVERY YEAR - that you simply make 5 or 6 products and keep them upgraded for a more reasonable timeframe. The hardware itself will easily last a DECADE or TWO, and a RESPONSIBLE company would design for firmware updates accordingly, to provide a long service life AND REDUCE THE WASTE AND POLLUTION...

(Just sayin!) Robot Happy

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements