× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Shares removed by Ransomeware

tdaters
Aspirant

Shares removed by Ransomeware

We recently were attacked by ransomeware.

it removed the shares from the readynas, but the directories and files are intact when you browse the ready nas from explorer or map a directory on the nas.

When I try to add the old share name back on the nas i get the message that it already exists.

is there a way to get the old share listings back?

thanks

tim

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Shares removed by Ransomeware

Then it didn't really remove the shares.  So please be more specific on where you cannot see them that makes you think they were removed.

Message 2 of 4
tdaters
Aspirant

The shares would not show up in the share listing on the admin page. Snapshots would not work nor replicate. I fixed it by using restore system from an earlier date.

all working now

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Was that through the local UI or ReadyCloud that they didn't show up?  Or both?  I wonder if the ransomeware got to it via UPNP?  I never thought of that as a possible access point before, but I suppose it could be.

Good to know you found a solution, and thanks for sharing.  I hope to never be in your shoes, but now I have some amunition if I do end up there.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements