× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Spare ReadyNAS Pro 6 Power Supply

steveoelliott
Luminary

Spare ReadyNAS Pro 6 Power Supply

Hi all,

One of my customers is looking to aquire a spare power supply unit for their two Pro 6 models... They are 3.5 and 2.5 years old respectively and whilst they are still under hardware warranty, they would like to have a spare power supply unit on site should the worst happen...

I seem to recall that Netgear don't supply the power supply seperately and in the event of a failure just ship a new chassis.

Thanks...

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Spare ReadyNAS Pro 6 Power Supply

A 4" atx extender should be enough (based on other poster's comments).  A fairly new thread on this topic is here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Hardware-Compatibility/ReadyNAS-Pro-Replace-CPU-Fan/td-p/9...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

They use sfx supplies.  Look for a SeaSonic SS-300SFD.  

You might need a 24 pin extender - you might as well get them while you are at it.

Also, you need 3 4-pin molex connectors.  If the supply doesn't have 3, you might also need an SATA to molex adapter.

Message 2 of 8
steveoelliott
Luminary

Thanks... Is there not a way to procure the correct PSU with the custom length connector and correct number of molex? Otherwise I can go ahead and buy one but any ideas on the length extension needed?

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

A 4" atx extender should be enough (based on other poster's comments).  A fairly new thread on this topic is here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Hardware-Compatibility/ReadyNAS-Pro-Replace-CPU-Fan/td-p/9...

Message 4 of 8
steveoelliott
Luminary

Yes, really useful post that.

Do the molex connectors on the drive board feature a cap so you can easily re-wire? I asked that of the poster too.

Message 5 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

The Molex connectors on both I have replaced were easily moved from the original supply to the replacement.  Of course, doing so viods the warranty on the supply.  But I found it much cleaner to use the right-angle ones from the original supply and cut the cable length down.

Message 6 of 8
steveoelliott
Luminary

OK Thanks... Are any special tools needed to make the connectors up, other than some wire cutters of course.

Message 7 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

Nope, they are the kind that you just press the wire into.  There are plastic tools meant for it if you do it all the time, but a small flat screwdriver will work well enough.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements