× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to access Admin page, not showing anymore in explorer after updating Firmware #26923836

Vinz
Aspirant

Unable to access Admin page, not showing anymore in explorer after updating Firmware #26923836

Hi, I just upgraded from 6.4.2 to 6.5.0

Before I reboot:

Unable to access admin page, was getting a loading bar with NetGear logo, than getting a connection error message.

I was able to see my NAS in explorer and browse files.

I rebooted and now this is happening:

I'm getting connection error when tring to access the admin page. -Default error like if there wasn't anything at that address. Same thing when I use the IP address.

I can ping the Ip and getting a immediate response.

I found a few indication that i should be able to login in SSH with putty but it's not working for me.

The LCD screen show the right host name and version. I also got a message to get the encryption key on boot.

Not sure what i can do at this point...

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Vinz
Aspirant

Re: Unable to access Admin page, not showing anymore in explorer after updating Firmware #26923836

We tried OS-Reinstall and nothing changed.

We tried unplugin one ethernet, nothing changed.

The issue was escalated to lvl 3. They entered in tech mode.

They find out that one of my 2 HDDs didn't sync properly and corrupted some system files. I simply removed that HDD and rebooted normaly. Everything was okay.

I put back the bad HDD and started resync.

hope it helps someone else.

P.S. Netgear costumer service is good and fast - recommended! 😄

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
bedlam1
Prodigy

Re: Unable to access Admin page, not showing anymore in explorer after updating Firmware

Are you using the correct IP address, it may have changed?

You can check it on the LCD screen or using Raidar 6

Also try using the IP address \\xxx.x.x.x/admin instead of the Hostname

Also clear your browser cache

Message 2 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to access Admin page, not showing anymore in explorer after updating Firmware

Hi Vinz,

Welcome to the community!

Try clearing the browser cache, another web browser or use a private / incognito window. 

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 7
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Vinz, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 7
Vinz
Aspirant

Re: Unable to access Admin page, not showing anymore in explorer after updating Firmware #26923836

Still not fixed. Currently working this case with help desk.

So far we tried reinstalling OS and clearing browser cache. Nothing as changed, same issue persist.

Message 5 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you tried disconnecting one of the ethernet cables from the NAS to see if that helps?

RAIDar shows the NAS is up with two different I.P.s

I hear you've done an OS Re-install. If you had LACP enabled on the switch try disabling that or temporarily connecting the NAS to a different port.

If you were using teaming on the NAS side an OS Re-install would have reset the network settings back to not using that and also picking up an I.P. address for each NIC via DHCP.

Message 6 of 7
Vinz
Aspirant

We tried OS-Reinstall and nothing changed.

We tried unplugin one ethernet, nothing changed.

The issue was escalated to lvl 3. They entered in tech mode.

They find out that one of my 2 HDDs didn't sync properly and corrupted some system files. I simply removed that HDD and rebooted normaly. Everything was okay.

I put back the bad HDD and started resync.

hope it helps someone else.

P.S. Netgear costumer service is good and fast - recommended! 😄

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements