× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to access NAS box from Windows 7

maneesh
Aspirant

Unable to access NAS box from Windows 7

I am unable to access the NAS Box from the windows 7 client. The client is domain joined and currently the group policy is set for SMB Signing which cannot be disabled. As advised by ReadyNAS support, i have upgraded the firmware to the latest to get SMB signing enabled but still unable to access the NAS Box. Can anybody help me to get access to the NAS Box without changing the registry settings.

Model: ReadyNAS NV+
Serial: 23J3997Y001CB
Firmware: RAIDiator 4.1.8 [1.00a043]

If i manually change the registry settings on the windows 7 client, i can access the NAS box.

In regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters

Change RequireSecuritySignature to 0
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to access NAS box from Windows 7

What version of Windows is on your DC e.g. 2008R2 ?

There is a major upgrade to the CIFS/SMB service in 4.1.9 beta (http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=59222) from 3.0.37 to the latest samba 3.5.x (currently 3.5.15). Can you try this?
Message 2 of 3
maneesh
Aspirant

Re: Unable to access NAS box from Windows 7

The domain controller is Windows 2003 server. Since the group policy assignment is enforced and we have to go through many approval process to revert back the settings, i need help to get any tweaking done on the NAS box to force SMB signing enabled. I will try to upgrade the firmware to 4.1.9 and will let you know. Thanks for the advise.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements