× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is the easiest way to swap out my ReadyNAS

belltt
Aspirant

What is the easiest way to swap out my ReadyNAS

I have a ReadyNAS that is going to be replaced with an RMA from Netgear due to a fan that is beginning to make noise.....could someone let me know (or point me to documentation) the quickest and easiest way I can swap the two units out and be back up and running? Can I simply move the six disks from my current unit to the replacement? Is there an easy way to move the configuration settings (e.g. users, backup settings, etc....). Thanks
Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: What is the easiest way to swap out my ReadyNAS

http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/boot/how_do_i_migrate_disks_over_from_an_existing_readynas_to_another

OS, data, settings, everything just about is on the disks. When you migrate your disks your configuration remains intact.

A good idea to use a spare disk (must not be from your array), put it in the replacement NAS and make sure that the replacement NAS has at least as new firmware on it as on your NAS. If not update via System > Update > Remote (may need to do this twice).
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements