× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readynas 4312x - Active Directory Group permissions not working ( Windows Svr 2003 std)

Arumuga
Aspirant

readynas 4312x - Active Directory Group permissions not working ( Windows Svr 2003 std)

Dear all,

I am using ReadyNAS 4312x model and imported my active directory accounts in to the storage. The server AD running on Windows Server 2003 std and configured the folders with the group permissions those are imported in NAS box.

When i tried to open in client machine, the folder access not available and prompting to enter user id and password. Even after entering the user id and password, it is not accepting the credentials and prompting again.

Then, i have configured the same folder with user permission and tried in client machine. It is working properly.

I am not sure why the group permissions are not working effectively on the ACL.

Waiting for the suggestions.

Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: readynas 4312x - Active Directory Group permissions not working ( Windows Svr 2003 std)

Hi @Arumuga,

Have you tried resetting the permission? You can do that through the admin page or through your server. 

Also, if you don't have any users using the Home share you might want to consider rejoining the NAS on your AD.

You may want to check this link on resettings permissions through Windows

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: readynas 4312x - Active Directory Group permissions not working ( Windows Svr 2003 std)

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements