× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk #1,2,3,4.

TickT0ck
Aspirant

remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk #1,2,3,4.

Hello,

Tonight my RN104 is showing me the message in the subject line and all my shares have disappeared. I've had a few power issues lately and I have been auto powering down the NAS at 1:00am and back up at 6:00pm the next day, but it would not come on tonight so I manually pressed the switch to bring it back up, and got this message. Can anyone assist please? I have backups of most of the data on the NAS but not all, so I'd be keen to bring it back to life, thanks.

Regards,

Gary.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk #1,2,3,4.

Hi TickT0ck,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you download the complete system logs of the NAS? If yes, you may provide it to us so we can check. You can upload it to a file sharing site and then PM me the download link.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
TickT0ck
Aspirant

Thanks for the welcome JohnCM_S, PM with downloadl link sent.

Regards,

Gary

Message 3 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TickT0ck,

Thank you for the logs. Upon checking the kernel.log only two out of 4 disks are operational which caused the issue.

Sep 11 19:56:30 Arcadia kernel: md/raid:md127: not enough operational devices (2/4 failed)

Most/all of the disks on your NAS are in questionable health as well upon checking the disk_info.log. It will be better for you to contact support for data recovery

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
TickT0ck
Aspirant

Hi there,

Thanks for reviewing the logs, I'm surprised that two of the four disks went that way so quickly, when it had been operating flawlessly.

Is there an Australian number for support please, or a web chat?

Regards,

Gary

Message 5 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TickT0ck,

Yes, there is a NETGEAR contact number and web chat for Australia as well. The NETGEAR support contact number for Australia is 1-300-361254. It should also be provided on the page I have provided on my previous post.

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TickT0ck,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements