× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

500 powerline compatibility with n300 extender

RWReum
Aspirant

500 powerline compatibility with n300 extender

can anyone tell me if the above systems can be sync'd with eachother? or direct me to a tutorial (youtube) on how to make these pair up?

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition, XWN5021|Powerline 500 + Wifi
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
RWReum
Aspirant

Re: 500 powerline compatibility with n300 extender

Got it figured out ! Had to unplug my exsisting 500 Poweline model. plug in the n300 extender then got to the site and let Genie get it re-named and registered with my router. THEN plug in the 500 poweline back in and then I could piggy-back/mesh the 2 so all the netgear(s) are working together.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

No specific experience with this set-up, however the XWN5021 WiFi box is yet another wireless access point, where you can connect wireless clients or an extender. Any specific problem?

Message 2 of 3
RWReum
Aspirant

Got it figured out ! Had to unplug my exsisting 500 Poweline model. plug in the n300 extender then got to the site and let Genie get it re-named and registered with my router. THEN plug in the 500 poweline back in and then I could piggy-back/mesh the 2 so all the netgear(s) are working together.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7