× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A6100 keeps disconnecting and acting up, tried practically everything.

zm23
Aspirant

A6100 keeps disconnecting and acting up, tried practically everything.

I bought my A6100 from BestBuy about a week and a half/ 2 weeks ago. For the first week or so, it worked completely fine, exactly how it should. One afternoon, it completely lost access to the internet. I shrugged it off, thinking it was just a router problem for me. It had happened before. I woke up the next day, and everything worked how it should, until about the same time in the afternoon, completely booted off the internet again, unable to connect. Ive tried updating Windows 10, updating the drivers for it, moving it into different usb slots, restarting my computer, and even having a technician look at my router to see if there were any problems. He found 2 problems, fixed them, and gave my family and I a new router. Sometime later, in the afternoon, it breaks AGAIN. At this point I was getting mad and desperate to figure out the problem. This has happened to me again today, exactly at 5:30. I couldn’t take this problem anymore, because I had just gotten power back from a winter storm after 2 days, and I just wanted to relax. Any help/ suggestions at ALL would be greatly appreciated.

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Message 2 of 4
zm23
Aspirant

I got stopped almost immediately. I went to search for RunSW, but I cant find it at all. I went through the R’s one by one, and found nothing. Thanks for the suggestion though
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Try uninstalling the driver and utility. 

Then install the standalone driver. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7