× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 R6220 Gigabit Router

airasel
Aspirant

AC1200 R6220 Gigabit Router

Hello, Netgear team i need a troubleshoot.

My Router is R6220 with latest version of firmware V1.1.0.86 installed, and it's connected to optical fibre modem C-DATA/ONU.

My service provider is Radiant and my internet speed for regular basis 20mbps, for YouTube my provider give me 50mbps.

When download from YouTube I'm getting only 20mbps, my provider come to my house and connect my PC to optical fibre modem directly with Ethernet cable then i get 50mbps from YouTube.

They told me my router is getting old, i should change my router.

I've done with reset and reinstall the firmware nothing changes.

Should I need to change the router?
Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
airasel
Aspirant

Re: AC1200 R6220 Gigabit Router

Hi @DexterJB I got a call from my ISP office today, they apologize to me and says this problem's with there cache server.

I don't understand what that means?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the General Router forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-general

Thank you. 

@airasel wrote:
Hello, Netgear team i need a troubleshoot.

My Router is R6220 with latest version of firmware V1.1.0.86 installed, and it's connected to optical fibre modem C-DATA/ONU.

My service provider is Radiant and my internet speed for regular basis 20mbps, for YouTube my provider give me 50mbps.

When download from YouTube I'm getting only 20mbps, my provider come to my house and connect my PC to optical fibre modem directly with Ethernet cable then i get 50mbps from YouTube.

They told me my router is getting old, i should change my router.

I've done with reset and reinstall the firmware nothing changes.

Should I need to change the router?

Message 2 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @airasel, may we know how are you testing the speed separately for the YouTube and for regular browsing?

Dexter

Message 3 of 5
airasel
Aspirant

Hi @DexterJB thanks for the reply, i can't test the speed separately, PC connect with Router then download from YouTube with IDM i get speed in seconds 2.537mbps to 2.570mbps thats mean line speed nearly 20Mbps, several times cancel or re-download attempt i get 6.276mbps to 6.396mbps nearly 48 to 50Mbps speed.

Without Router i get decent speed from YouTube with IDM 5 to 6Mbps in seconds nearly 50Mbps of speed when my provider check, after this test they told me my Router's getting old should bought a newer one.

Message 4 of 5
airasel
Aspirant

Hi @DexterJB I got a call from my ISP office today, they apologize to me and says this problem's with there cache server.

I don't understand what that means?

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7