× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 Wifi Mesh Extender - No internet

aphn
Aspirant

AC1750 Wifi Mesh Extender - No internet

Hey everyone, 

I recently moved and am trying to set up my EX6250 AC1750 Wifi Mesh extender (i brought it with me from my old place). It looks like I have it set up (I can see both 2.4ghz and 5.4ghz Wifi names), but there doesn't seem to be any internet when connected to either. Any idea why?

Appreciate any help!

Alvin

Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1750 Wifi Mesh Extender - No internet

what router are you connecting it to? 

Did you set it up using the WPS method of setup? 
If so, factory reset the extender and set it up using the installation assistant

Message 2 of 7
aphn
Aspirant

I'm trying to connect it to a TP-link AX1800 Dual Band wifi 6 router.

I tried WPS setup and it didn't work at all, so i factory reseted and tried the installation assistant, which worked and brought up the extender wifi names, but i can't seem to connect or get internet even then.

Message 3 of 7

The EX6250 is a wifi extender. That's not something easily covered in this section which is for General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk and Non-Orbi).

A lot of issues are generic and can be answered wherever they appear, but in this case you might do better to visit the appropriate section.

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

As you are trying ti get the EX6250 to play nicely with a router, I'd also visit the place where they support your hardware. Extenders have to play nicely with the router. This is especially true of Mesh devices. Your extender just may not want to work with the router.

Have you tried using the EX6250 in AP mode wired back to the router?

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

@aphn wrote:

I'm trying to connect it to a TP-link AX1800 Dual Band wifi 6 router.----that'd be a speed, not a model. What model is it? 

I tried WPS setup and it didn't work at all, so i factory reseted and tried the installation assistant, which worked and brought up the extender wifi names, but i can't seem to connect or get internet even then.---what error is it giving you if you can't connect to it? 

Message 5 of 7
aphn
Aspirant

Ah sorry, it's a EX221-G2u.

It just says no internet, no pop up error message or anything.

Message 6 of 7

@aphn wrote:

It just says no internet, no pop up error message or anything.

Where do you see that?

Troubleshooting is a painstaking, and sometimes painful, case of detailed trial and error, and interpreting what happens when you try things. So saying that WPS "didn't work at all". Provides little diagnostic information.

Was this WPS to connect extender to router? Connect wifi client to extender?

So, "no internet" is thin on detail.

Is this what you see when you connect a wifi client (what wifi client?) to the wifi extender's SSID? Or is that what you see when you try to connect a PC to the wifi network? (That has its own set of possible errors and solutions.)

As with all things network, the sequence and timing of events is crucial. These things are not like ;light bulbs that you can turn on and off. You have to get the steps just right

The manual for your EX6250 spells all this out in the section Install your extender in extender mode.

(Check the note about WPS and WEP.)

You may have done all this, indeed, you probably did it, but we repeat these things here because from time to time someone doesn't get it right. After we tell them what to do they try again and things suddenly begin to work.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7