× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ac1000

Chelseahawk
Follower

Ac1000

I have literally lost hours of my life trying to connect my router..
it says on my tv screen it's currently connected but then Is it spins... asks for the password that is literally written on the front of the router and then says "your tv is unable to access the internet using net gear33" I JUST bought it.. register it. Rebooted the tv modem unplugged and replugged Ethernet cable.. what else could it be..??
Why is this so difficult. Video doesn't help.. I download the night hawk app and could only get so far..
I remember doing this a couple years ago a a different apartment... it is so difficult
Message 1 of 6
PauLita
Luminary

TV connected to router via WiFi? If yes, check if your TV supports "802.11i is a standard for wireless local area networks (WLANs) that provides improved encription for networks that use the popular 802.11a, 802.11b (which includes WiFi) and 802.11g standards. The 802.11i standard requires new encryption key protocols, known as Temporal Key Integrity Protocol TKIP and Advanced Encryption Standard  (AES). The 802.11i standard was officially ratified by the IEEE in June of 2004, and thereby became part of the 802.11 family of wireless network specifications."

I had analogous situation (other router) and Samsung TV NOT SUPPORTING WPA3...

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

A couple things. 

1. AC1000 is a speed, not a model. What actual model do you have? 

2. What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

3. is it only the tv that is having issues with connecting or are all devices? 

4. do wired devices work? 

Message 3 of 6
PauLita
Luminary

AC1000.png

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

Well you answered 1 of the 4 questions. 

You have an R6080. (very base model device that isn't gigabit capable). 

How about the others? 

If its a new purchase, you can contact customer support. You get 90 days of free support from date of purchase to help with setup. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

Message 5 of 6

@PauLita wrote:

AC1000.png

How fast is your Internet? If your service delivers more than 100 Mbps, many do these days, you have wasted your money. Ignore the claimed wifi speeds. As @plemans suggests, the R6080 router isn't fast enough.

Pretty well the cheapest router that Netgear makes. You get what you pay for. If possible, you might like to send it back and buy something more capable.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7