× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Access denied to ebay

Palmtreehugger
Aspirant

Access denied to ebay

I have a WNDR 3700 and have had no issues until right now. All of a sudden it's denying me access to ebay. I called ebay and they said not on there end. I called my ISP and they said the same thing. I bypass my router and I get in no problem. I use the router and all my computers and any WIFI are denied access to ebay and only ebay. I went to router login and made sure that nothing is blocked, which it isn't and still no ebay. Any body have an issue like this? What's the fix. I'm not paying Netgear $49 a call to solve it. The router was expensive enough. I've never seen a company so greedy that they don't offer support for a few years. 90 days is crap. If I can't get it running I'll buy another brand router. I have done a factory reset. I have rebooted everything else too like the modem and computers. Nothing works. Any suggestions for a better brand that has real support that comes with it?

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

go to setup....internet setup.... change MAC address by selecting use default or use pc mac which ever one uses a different MAC.

click apply then reboot MODEM this should change your IP, if it was blocked it should now work with new IP.

Before changing Note your IP to be sure it did change.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

go to setup....internet setup.... change MAC address by selecting use default or use pc mac which ever one uses a different MAC.

click apply then reboot MODEM this should change your IP, if it was blocked it should now work with new IP.

Before changing Note your IP to be sure it did change.

Message 2 of 10
Palmtreehugger
Aspirant

Thanks for the help. Whe you say setup do you mean setup at Netgear or my computer? I don't see a setup in the netgear smart wizard page. I need the netgear for dummies book. Exactly where do I go to change the mac? What do I change it to?

Message 3 of 10
Palmtreehugger
Aspirant

I found it. Working on it now.

Message 4 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

mac.png

Message 5 of 10
Palmtreehugger
Aspirant

Thank you Searay. Worked as promissed.

Message 6 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Not that it matters but, the question should be why did ebay block your IP assuming it did change.

Glad it worked,

You're Welcome!

Message 7 of 10
Palmtreehugger
Aspirant

I called eBay first thing. They said "not on our end" I have 17 years 1284 100% feedback. They love me. They said call Cox. Cox said "not us" check your router. Router said "I'm your Huckleberry" better see Searay to fix me.

Model: WNDR3700v1|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 8 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Last question did the IP change?

Message 9 of 10
Palmtreehugger
Aspirant

I didn't notice. I changed the mac and it worked so all is good.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7