× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Bandwidth Control in R6220 AC-1200

Inder_2001
Aspirant

Bandwidth Control in R6220 AC-1200

Is it possible to control bandwidth on my Netgear R6220 AC-1200 router, if yes. How do I do it
Message 1 of 6

@Inder_2001 wrote:
Is it possible to control bandwidth on my Netgear R6220 AC-1200 router, if yes. How do I do it

What are you trying to achieve by "Bandwidth Control"?

Start with the problem in hand rather than an idea of how you might fix it.

The R6220, from 2015, is one of Netgear's lesser routers and may lack the controllability of flashier modems.

To see what you can do with the router, manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 6
Inder_2001
Aspirant

So, i wanted to limit the internet speed for some devices that are connected to my router
Message 3 of 6

@Inder_2001 wrote:
So, i wanted to limit the internet speed for some devices that are connected to my router

I think we already knew that.

Could you answer the questions in my previous message?

What they boil down to is why do you want to limit the internet speed for some devices connected to your router?

Knowing that might help people to offer thoughts beyond simply looking up QoS in the manual for your R6220.

Message 4 of 6
Inder_2001
Aspirant

There are some devices, that are using my internet for free. I just don't wanna block them. I wanna limit there internet speed to the that they don't wanna use it willingly
Message 5 of 6

@Inder_2001 wrote:
There are some devices, that are using my internet for free. I just don't wanna block them. I wanna limit there internet speed to the that they don't wanna use it willingly

If you don't want to block the completely, with a basic router like the R6220, your only real option is to see if QoS can achieve what you want.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Optimize Internet Streaming with QoS.

This is really designed to give priority to things you want to favour, like games, rater than to slow down things you want to squelch.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7