× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Blocking one computer from accessing the internet, but NOT from accessing the rest of the network

taholmes160
Follower

Blocking one computer from accessing the internet, but NOT from accessing the rest of the network

Hi Folks:

I have one computer that I would like to prevent from being able to access the internet, but I need it to be able to access, and be accessede by other computers inside the network.  Im guessing that I can do this by blocking all ports to that specific IP (page 56 in the manual) But I would like to confirm this to make sure that im not setting myself up for problems 

Thanks

TIM

Model: WNDR4500v3|N900 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ROUTER
Message 1 of 2
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Blocking one computer from accessing the internet, but NOT from accessing the rest of the net...

Hello taholmes160,

I understand that you would like to block services from the internet to one device. Blocking the correct ports to an IP address will disable services to that device. 

Please ensure that the IP address configured for the device is statically assigned and is a reserved IP address. 

To reserve an IP address for your router please follow the instructions listed below. 

First: Advanced > Lan setup > Address Reservation > ADD

Next: Input the MAC address along with IP address and device name

Then: Select the green  "ADD" button

Please let me know if this helps!

Best

Kevin

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation