× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3700v2 Errors in event log

unkgo
Aspirant

C3700v2 Errors in event log

Modem keeps restarting, likely due to issues in my event log. 

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: C3700v2 Errors in event log

Your signal is pretty high. That could be causing the reboots. 

You normally want -7dbmv to +7 dbmv.  

You could try putting a 3-4x port splitter in line or a line attenuator. And then recheck to see where you are. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13

All Replies
plemans
Guru

click on the cable connection page. And take a screen snip of that. It shows the connection back to the isp. you're getting t3 errors which can be signal issues. 

also, if you have any splitters, attenuators, or amplifiers in line, remove them. Directly connect the modem to where the coax enters the home. 

Message 2 of 13
unkgo
Aspirant

Message 3 of 13
plemans
Guru

Your signal is pretty high. That could be causing the reboots. 

You normally want -7dbmv to +7 dbmv.  

You could try putting a 3-4x port splitter in line or a line attenuator. And then recheck to see where you are. 

Message 4 of 13
unkgo
Aspirant

Message 5 of 13
plemans
Guru

I don't have one so I can't attest to how well this one works. but the reviews seem good and the price seems right. 

Message 6 of 13
unkgo
Aspirant

I have ordered the 6db one and it should arrive early next month. I'll give you un update then. 

Just to add two things: I noticed that the internet always resets between 1-2am. It also cut out for 4s yesterday instead of a full reset (It also reset fully 3 other times). So this may be multiple issues, but we won't really know untill I get the attenuator. 

Message 7 of 13
plemans
Guru

If you have any splitters. Put them in line for the time
Message 8 of 13
unkgo
Aspirant

I did not have any splitters. 

With the attenuator in, my internet is slower with higher ping. Not sure about resets yet. 

Message 9 of 13
plemans
Guru

Be specific about speeds.

What speed do you get wired? What website are you testing on?

I'd recommend dslreports.com

What was it before?

Have you tried a simple factory reset and reinstall? 

Message 10 of 13
unkgo
Aspirant

No modem resets yet. 
I use the speedtest by Ookla app on my laptop. The one you reccomended requires an account ans some time spent on their forum/site. 
I have not done any factory resets yet. Not sure how it would help. 

Originaly I had an average around 10-20 ping, 50-70 down, 7 up. 
Now it's between 40-50 ping (spiked over 100 last night), 27-47 down, 6 up. 

Message 11 of 13
unkgo
Aspirant

I don't know if it needed time to adjust or what, but the speed/ping issue seemingly has resolved itself. I have not had other issues in the past two days since, but the DBMV still being more than 7 worries me so I am getting a splitter to see if that lowers it better than the attenuator. I'm going to give it a week to be sure of no issues though, and keep this post tabbed to give a final word then. Thanks for the help. 

Message 12 of 13
plemans
Guru

I'd leave it as is. 7-8dbmv is fine. mine runs a bit hot at 8-9dbmv but my connection is doesn't have errors, hits full speeds, and doesn't have ping issues. -7dbmv-7dbmv is optimal but you can be a bit out of range and still work fine. 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7