× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR40 fiber converter?

nickmersman
Follower

CBR40 fiber converter?

Bought an Orbi CBR40 during COVID as I moved and had to get Comcast installed in my new house (huge pain but that's another story). The CBR40 has the coax hand-off from the internet provider.

MetroNet is now offering fiber in the area as they finally fixed their issue on my street. I would like to have that provider as I need faster speeds but it is a fiber handoff.

I purchased my CBR40 in May so it is only a few months old. I don't think there is a converter out there to go from fiber to coax so I could use this module so curious if anyone has any suggestions. Dropped a few hundred on the CBR40 and don't want to drop another few hundred on a new module. 

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: CBR40 fiber converter?

There's not but you can potentially make the cbr40 work as an access point. This guide is for the c6300 but it could work for the cbr. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/Can-I-use-a-C6300-cable-modem-without-cable-in...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7