× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM700 WON'T POWER UP

HOJIN14018
Aspirant

CM700 WON'T POWER UP

Need some insight. Modem was working fine...maybe a bit sluggish, but that could have been the provider. Then it stopped working. In fact, the modem will not turn on now. I'm about to contact service to get a warranty help, but I figured I would try the community forum. Any advice would be helpful.

Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: CM700 WON'T POWER UP

you can try a different power supply. 

it should be a pretty standard power supply so if you check some of your other devices, you can try one and see if it is that. 

just make sure its got the same voltage and polarity. it can have more amperage. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If its plugged in and not a single light is on, something failed. 

there's things you can try but I'd go through your warranty option first so you don't void the warranty. 

Message 2 of 5
HOJIN14018
Aspirant

Yes, it was plugged in with no lights showing anywhere. Looks like the warranty only lasted 1 yr from purchase. Any other suggestions?
I'm suspecting it's completely fried and will need to get a new cable modem
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

you can try a different power supply. 

it should be a pretty standard power supply so if you check some of your other devices, you can try one and see if it is that. 

just make sure its got the same voltage and polarity. it can have more amperage. 

Message 4 of 5
HOJIN14018
Aspirant

Tried another power supply, but no luck. Looks like the modem went bad. That's too bad. It should have lasted another 2-3 yrs. Thanks for your suggestions. I'm going to look for another modem

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7