× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can I *wirelessly* daisy chain my old Netgear DGN1000v3 router with a new Fritzbox 7530?

Amelia1513
Follower

Can I *wirelessly* daisy chain my old Netgear DGN1000v3 router with a new Fritzbox 7530?

Thanks so much for your help - I can't connect the two routers with an ethernet, so need to create a wireless connection between the two routers. 

I also want to use the Fritzbox as the main router (ie: the router connected to the computer and the socket where the phoneline comes into the house). 

And finally, I'm really new to all this and would be massively grateful if you could avoid using complex, 'techy' language - because I just won't understand it! 

Thanks SO MUCH in advance for your help, 

Amelia 

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Can I *wirelessly* daisy chain my old Netgear DGN1000v3 router with a new Fritzbox 7530?

wow thats an very basic model device being just an N150 device. 

to start off with, it doesn't have a repeater mode. 

You probably could get it functioning as an access point if you wired it in. But for the cost to either run cable, buy powerline equipment, or buy moca adapters isn't worth it for an old N150 device. You'd be better off to pick up an actual wireless extender thats designed to function as so and has current features like wireless AC or AX. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7