× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't connect TVs

Hikergrandma
Aspirant

Can't connect TVs

Insignia and Sharp smart TVs TONS of trouble setting up laptop. Phone was easy. 2 TVs impossible. No 800# to get human walk through. Yes entering correct password and it keeps saying no internet. 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Exact router model (see label on the back) please. Ok, just spotted R6220.

There is a free three month support intended for installation issues. Phone number is made available by registering the device and filing a support case on https://my.netgear.com/

The default wireless name and security key is printed on the label - this should work with any wireless device you intend to connect, including your TV sets. Other wireless devices like a mobile phone or a notebook can make use of the Wi-Fi - or should Wi-Fi be down (e.g. disabled by the key, LEDs off)?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What router are you connecting to? 

What firmware is on it? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

areyou setting up using wps, using the pin, using password? What exactly is going on, you didn't give us much info to go off. 

Message 2 of 6
Hikergrandma
Aspirant

I don't understand all of your technical language. This has been the MOST DIFFICULT router to set up. Other products I've had had a cusromer service number to call and a gracious tech walked me through. The instructions prompted me to change the password which I did. After hours of frustration a friend was visiting who is also not a highly trained tech person. She said maybe use the unchanged password to add the TVs. It worked. I'm puzzled that by following directions it was so difficult. Thanks for your help. I chose a random number to reply because my R6220 is not listed

Model: RNDP6620D-200|ReadyNAS® Pro 6 12TB Unified Storage System|EOL
Message 3 of 6
Hikergrandma
Aspirant

Found out even though I was prompted to change password and did so,  to connect the TVs I had to use the old password. Instructions are not clear. Disappointed with Netgear lack of real tech support and overall difficulty setting it up. This was the only brand available at Staples and the last moderately priced router. I appreciate the community help but the company is paid for the router and should provide real time support.

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Exact router model (see label on the back) please. Ok, just spotted R6220.

There is a free three month support intended for installation issues. Phone number is made available by registering the device and filing a support case on https://my.netgear.com/

The default wireless name and security key is printed on the label - this should work with any wireless device you intend to connect, including your TV sets. Other wireless devices like a mobile phone or a notebook can make use of the Wi-Fi - or should Wi-Fi be down (e.g. disabled by the key, LEDs off)?

Message 5 of 6
antinode
Guru

> [...] The instructions prompted me to change the password which I did.
> [...]

_Which_ "The instructions"?  _Which_ "the password"?

None of that is a useful problem description.  It does not say what
you did.  It does not say what happened when you did it.  As usual,
showing actual actions (commands) with their actual results (error
messages, LED indicators, ...) can be more helpful than vague
descriptions or interpretations.

You might try this radical concept:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Read.  Look for "Types of
Logins" and "Specify Basic WiFi Settings".  Further reading might not
hurt, either.

> [...] even though I was prompted to change password and did so, to
> connect the TVs I had to use the old password. [...]

_Which_ "the password"?  _Which_ "the old password"?

> [...] Instructions are not clear. [...]

_Which_ "Instructions"?  Compared with your description of what you
did, and what happened when you did it?  Sanskrit might be clearer.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7