× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot connet to Gennie App

lokesh9702
Follower

Cannot connet to Gennie App

Hello,

I have a R6300V2 Netger router. I need help with few question. Please advise.

1. I cannot connect to my Gennie app. it keep shwoing password incorrect or Modem not supported. So i would like to know if Netgear has stopped support to R6300 v2 ?

2. continuing question 1. I dont see any firmware update for my router. Again, did Netgear stop support for this model?

3. Is it time for me to buy new router?  What is usual lifespan of a router?

Thank you

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Cannot connet to Gennie App

@lokesh9702 wrote:

1. I cannot connect to my Gennie app. it keep shwoing password incorrect or Modem not supported. So i would like to know if Netgear has stopped support to R6300 v2 ?

Looks like it:

Which NETGEAR home router models can I manage using the NETGEAR genie app? | Answer | NETGEAR Suppor...

2. continuing question 1. I dont see any firmware update for my router. Again, did Netgear stop support for this model?

Where are you looking?

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

This is the latest firmware:

R6300v2 Firmware Version 1.0.4.52 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

3. Is it time for me to buy new router?  What is usual lifespan of a router?

Only you know that.

The R6300v2, around five years old is a basic router that was never especially capable.  But if it meets your needs, why change?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7