× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot go to router login page on WiFi

amritahuja
Tutor

Cannot go to router login page on WiFi

I am using netgear WiFi router. WiFi is working fine, internet is working fine but I cannot go to the login page without connecting the Ethernet cable. I have to connect it with cable to change the password and other things.

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
amritahuja
Tutor

Re: Cannot go to router login page on WiFi

No hit and trials.. I unchecked the WiFi isolation box and the problem got resolved. I found it myself.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12

All Replies
VE6CGX
Master

What do you mean by sayung 'without connecting Ethernetr cable'  Are you using Genie?  Manually tried using router ip address

with browser?

Message 2 of 12
amritahuja
Tutor

While connected to WiFi if I type the router IP it doesn't connect.

Message 3 of 12
amritahuja
Tutor

If I connect the Ethernet cable n type the IP it goes to the router page

Message 4 of 12
VE6CGX
Master

Generally router GUI page accessing via wireless is not a good practice. Same with trying to update firmware using wireless.

Security and signal loss, etc. issues.  So you are connected via wireless and when you enter the ip address on you browser

what happens no error message?

Message 5 of 12
amritahuja
Tutor

But connecting the router is a tough job, I mean I misplaced my Ethernet cable recently n had to search my place to change the password. While connected through WiFi if I enter the router IP I get the same message that we get when we type any url without the internet. ' the page cannot be loaded'. Is there any setting in the router that we have to enable to access the router login page while connected through WiFi ?
Thanks in advance for the help

Message 6 of 12
VE6CGX
Master

Occassional use for wireless is OK I guess. Tried different browser? Just to be sure clear the browser cache. Also see if you can ping the router. Also you try this command with 3 different switches 'ipconfig /release'        'ipconfig /renew'         'ipconfig /all'  and try again.

Message 7 of 12
amritahuja
Tutor

No it does not ping either but the WiFi works fine. I thing there is some security setting in this that doesn't allow to go to router page while on WiFi

Message 8 of 12
VE6CGX
Master

Then try this. command 'ping localhost'  This is loopback test of your NIC port. Also try different LAN port on the router also.

Message 9 of 12
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you have a Guest network enabled? Are you connected to the main wireless network? What's the exact model number your router?

Message 10 of 12
amritahuja
Tutor

No hit and trials.. I unchecked the WiFi isolation box and the problem got resolved. I found it myself.
Message 11 of 12
amritahuja
Tutor

Netgear should have a customer care no. Atleast. Useless service.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7