× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Comparison of 2 routers

DS427BBC
Follower

Comparison of 2 routers

Hi there, new to the community. Does anyone know if there is a noticeable difference btw the AC1200 smart router, model R6220 (the square/boxy looking one) and the AX1800 (RAX10)? I’ve had the AC1200 for a couple of years so I’m not sure if the technology gets updated every year and if it’s worth upgrading? I read some reviews on the AX1800 and everyone seemed pretty happy with it and said the speed made a real difference. I’m trying to stay under $150 (or if I even need to spend it). Thanks for any input/advice.
Message 1 of 3

Re: Comparison of 2 routers

@DS427BBC wrote:
Hi there, new to the community. Does anyone know if there is a noticeable difference btw the AC1200 smart router, model R6220 (the square/boxy looking one) and the AX1800 (RAX10)?

Difference in what?

They are seven years apart, with very different wifi technologies. Any difference depends on what you need and what wifi clients you own. Some old kit may not notice any difference.

A better place to look for advice might be somewhere that compares different wifi technologies.

Understand Wi-Fi 4/5/6 (802.11 n/ac/ad/ax)

@duckware knows their stuff and can bust a few myths and cut through marketing hype.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Comparison of 2 routers

@michaelkenward is correct in reading is a good plan to cut out some of the BS. 

But both models are pretty much baseline devices for their generation. 

Do you have any AX devices? 

Are you having coverage issues? 

What speeds do you pay for? 

How big is your home and what is it made of (on the interior)?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7