× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Difficulty setting up WNR2000 v2 as repeater with Mofi4500

jomjesse
Follower

Difficulty setting up WNR2000 v2 as repeater with Mofi4500

I've been trying to setup my WNR2000 v2 as a repeater against my Mofi4500 Base Station following the instructions listed in the Manual 

1. I change the LAN IP to something within my Base Station range. In my case I set the Repeaters LAN to 192.168.10.10. since my Base Station is 192.168.10.1. 

2. Under Wireless Settings I set the SSID to the same as my Base Station. There is no security on the Base Station so I set the same on the Repeater. 

3. Under Wireless Repeating Function screen, I select the Enable Wireless Repeater Mode radio and set the IP address of the Repeater (192.168.10.10) and MAC Adderess of the Base Station and Save. 

WIth all those settings applied I can connect to the Netgear Repeater but I'm not getting assigned a valid IP from the Base Station, just a self-configured 169.... address. If I manually set me IP address and subnet and set my Router as 192.168.10.10 (the repeater's IP), I can get back into the Netgear. Under Router Status -> Wireless Repeating is shows the Link Rate and Signal Strength as "disconnected". 

So I'm not getting the Netgear to connect to the Mofi and hand out valid IP for access. Any ideas what else I would need to change on the Netgear repeater or on the Mofi base station? 

Model: WNR2000|Wireless-N Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7