× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6120 WiFi Range Extender

Fedew
Aspirant

EX6120 WiFi Range Extender

Hello guys
For some reasons I had to reset my netgear but this time during the configuration by browser Web the page freezes me when I have to enter the network name and manage the security settings. I’ve already tried to program the Extender with different devices but nothing changes. Can someone help me please?
Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: EX6120 WiFi Range Extender

Hi Fedew,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a wired connection to set up the extender? What is the model of your extender? Please try to do a 30-30-30 reset.

- Perform 30-30-30 Reset: Press reset button for 30 seconds. While holding, unplug extender for 30 seconds, power on, hold 30 seconds.

- After a router has been reset, log in to it with the default IP address, username, and password that it was originally configured with.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Fedew,

We would like to do a follow-up on this one. Were you able to perform the shock reset?

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Fedew
Aspirant

Hello Oliver,
I don’t think that was an extender’s problem but the netgear genie, the page that automatically shows up when you configure the device.
Eventually I managed to log in but without setting anything new.
Thank you for your support
Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 4 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Fedew, 

Thank you for your response. We are glad that you were able to managed to login now. It is possible that it could the genie but just in case it stops working again, please do the reset. Please get back to us as soon as the issue happens again so we can further assist you.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7