× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Enable Password Recovery Feature

pookie525
Aspirant

Enable Password Recovery Feature

Hello,

I received the email about enabling the password recovery feature.  I already have the box ticked to enable this and have the questions and answers selected.  Does this email mean that I need to do this again, with different questions or am I okay since it has already been enabled?

I know this is a dumb question but if someone could take the time to answer, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂

Model: WNDR4500v2|N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Enable Password Recovery Feature

Hi All,

Are you guys referring to this email?

If you received one it's a legit mail from us.

@hawki Do you have a case number for that call? Let me know so we can provide necessary action.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
hawki
Apprentice

Be thankful.

I don't even have a box to check to rnable pw recovery in my gui.

I called tech support to ask about this and was told this whole vulnerablity thing is a scam and that I should ignore it.

WTF?

Message 2 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi All,

Are you guys referring to this email?

If you received one it's a legit mail from us.

@hawki Do you have a case number for that call? Let me know so we can provide necessary action.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
hawki
Apprentice

Elaine M.

Yeah, I know. Netgear should the email it to all its tech support staff, one of which told me that it was a scam and that I should ignore it.

Message 4 of 6
hawki
Apprentice

I have no case number for the call.

I had earlier via email sent a 150 character question about how to get the "enable PW Recovery box to show on my Password Change Page.

I received a totally non-responsive answer to that emailed question. It only told me how to change my password and failed to say anything about being able to view the "enable PW Recovery" check box. A review of this Forum shows that several others are having the same problem.

Also note that as late as 1:00 PM EST today, the Netgear Website page containing the subject vulnerability had been taken offline with a notation that it may be in the processs of being modified.

Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

C6300 does not have the Password Recovery feature. Just make sure that Remote Management is disabled.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We disseminate these kinds of information to our support staff beforehand.

Rest assured that your feedback will be forwarded to the management.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7