× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Error 503 : Service Temporarily Unavailable

jored
Aspirant

Error 503 : Service Temporarily Unavailable

Hi All - 

I receive this "Error 503 : Service Temporarily Unavailable" message in all browsers when I try to reach a specific site through the router (wireless or wired).  When I bypass the router I can connect to the site no problem.  It's only with the one site that this happens.  Anything I can check on the router?  

Model:  WNDR3400v3

Firmware:  V1.0.1.4_1.0.52

Thanks.

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
jored
Aspirant

Re: Error 503 : Service Temporarily Unavailable

Hi.  I finally got around to resetting the router to factory settings, but the issue still exists when connecting through the router.  I'll connect to the site via mobile network when I need to.  

I appreciate the assistance.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @jored

Welcome to the community!

Is this happening on all computers? What's the operating systems of the computers?

How about if you use your mobile or tablet devices? What is the website?

If you have YAC (Yet Another Cleaner) installed, kindly disable or uninstall it and see if you'll be able to access the website after.

Another thing you can do is to clear your browser settings then retry to access the site.

Message 2 of 8
jored
Aspirant

Hi Elaine – Thanks for the help.  I'm still having the problem.  Below are responses to your questions.  

1.  Is this happening on all computers? What's the operating systems of the computers?

Yes.  It is happening on both computers.  They are running Windows 7 & 8.  Both computers can access the site if they are connected directly to the cable modem.

2.  How about if you use your mobile or tablet devices? What is the website?

I can reach the site from my phone over the mobile network, but not with the router's wifi connection.  The site is www.smbtraining.com.

3.  If you have YAC (Yet Another Cleaner) installed, kindly disable or uninstall it and see if you'll be able to access the website after.

This has never been installed.

4.  Another thing you can do is to clear your browser settings then retry to access the site.

I have cleared the settings, but I still receive the 503 message.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

See if lowering down the MTU will help.

Message 4 of 8
jored
Aspirant

Hi.  I tried lowering the MTU, but that didn't fix it.  The 503 message still comes up just for that site.

Message 5 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It's working fine on my end.

Perhaps, you may need to factory reset the router.

Resetting the router will wipe out all the settings and it will need to reconfiguration to get back the internet access.

To reset the router, push the reset hole at the back of it for 10 seconds by using a paperclip.

After reset, reconfigure the router as if it's brand new out of the box. Or you may see this article on how configure the router.

Message 6 of 8
jored
Aspirant

Hi.  I finally got around to resetting the router to factory settings, but the issue still exists when connecting through the router.  I'll connect to the site via mobile network when I need to.  

I appreciate the assistance.

Message 7 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're very welcome.

Perhaps something in your network is preventing you from accessing it.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7