× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help with cellular connection

tripletopper
Aspirant

Help with cellular connection

I'm trying to connect this router to a cellular hotspot. I've tried using a cellular Bridge made by a company called vonets, but that's very unstable and wonky. my cellular hotspot doesn't have an IP address that's directly addressable by a router but it can be accessed by Wi-Fi. What would be the cheapest route for me to get this hooked up? A retro model is okay because my max speed is currently 5 MB and 5 MB out and I'm more concerned about splitting the signal than dictating its routing. I just want to hook it up once have all my video game consoles computers and other equipments connected and not have to worry about finagling it every couple days.
Model: WNDR3700v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Help with cellular connection

@tripletopper wrote:
I'm trying to connect this router to a cellular hotspot. I've tried using a cellular Bridge made by a company called vonets

Start with the source of the wifi hotspot, not what you want it to feed. That is where you'll have to get the settings right for whatever you slap on to it.

As to the WNDR3700v2, are you sure you want to grapple with a device that dates back to 2009? Never the most powerful router on the block, the wifi wasn't world class back then, let alone today.

Oh, and whatever we are talking about here, it has nothing to do with the USB adapters covered in this bit of the Netgear community. To persevere with the WNDR3700v2, try here:

General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk) - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
tripletopper
Aspirant

Re: Help with cellular connection

The main source of Internet in our house is cellular, and that has no fixed IP address. With no fixed IP address for the cellular hotspot, there is no way to program it.

Vonets routers accept wifi as a source and converts it to wired and a repeated wireless signal.

I would prefer a better brand than Vonets, but I don't of either a) my existing Netgear device, or b) a purchase a new Merger equipment that can do the job.

I'll consider any Netgear device that can do the job yet is not overkill for a 5 Mpbs in 5 Mbps out internet connection, if I get technical assistance.

But I know Xbox One has a better NAT with 5.0 GHz Wireless N and IPv6.

What model is best considering a cellular source?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7