× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How secure is my information while using the N300 Travel Router on public wifi with my iPad?

anotherbadhaird
Aspirant

How secure is my information while using the N300 Travel Router on public wifi with my iPad?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
anotherbadhaird
Aspirant

Re: How secure is my information while using the N300 Travel Router on public wifi with my iPad?

Thank you so much for your reply. Does it mean that I can access my bank account app and take care of things like bill paying while I am overseas and my financial information will not be at risk provided I secure my password and use WPA2 as my security option?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
doraemon
Prodigy

Re: How secure is my information while using the N300 Travel Router on public wifi with my iPad?

your information will be secured as long as you don't give your wireless security to anyone.

netgear routers have NAT firewall where incoming requests are denied unless you poke a hole and let it to come in.

don't use WEP as a security option, use WPA2 instead.

think of a hard to crack wireless security password such as 2 or 3 words like "Ban@naNutteLLa" or "straWberryCrE@mPuff!".

Message 2 of 4
anotherbadhaird
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your reply. Does it mean that I can access my bank account app and take care of things like bill paying while I am overseas and my financial information will not be at risk provided I secure my password and use WPA2 as my security option?

Message 3 of 4
doraemon
Prodigy

You're welcome.

Yes.

Just keep in mind that when not in use, turn it off. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7