× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I just want to login to my R6230

mrkellybrownjr
Aspirant

I just want to login to my R6230

I have literally went through making passwords 10 times. It accepts them but when I go to login it calls the password invalid and sends me again to "forgot password ", instead of letting me in. I even write down the password as I create it, ho can I be wrong?? This downtime is literally putting my life at risk as I am a homebound, disabled veteran and I need medical monitoring but I began getting drops and now I can't get in. None of the people at NETGEAR will help me.
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: I just want to login to my R6230

When you setup the password, make sure you hit all the requirements and fill out the password recovery options (if done through the browser)

requirements

10 characters at least

1 upper case

1 lower case

1 special

1 number

Message 2 of 3

Re: I just want to login to my R6230

@mrkellybrownjr wrote:
I have literally went through making passwords 10 times.

Be careful not to confuse passwords. There are two default passwords on the router's label. One is for the  browser graphical user interface (GUI) the other is for the wifi.

If you reset the device, the GUI login details are admin and password.

Unless Netgear has changed the firmware for your R6230, a fairly old model, from 2017, there are not the same GUI password restrictions that @plemans lists. That a pretty new "innovation".

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7