× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I need to find my password/pin code for my Netgear Router

Harvey8_
Follower

I need to find my password/pin code for my Netgear Router

The tech guy said I can find the pin code/password online for my router.
WNDR3800
N600 Wireless
Dual Band Gigabit Router - premium edition
Netgear 25

I'm pretty tech ignorant.
So please bare with me and HELP!

Does anyone know where a very tech illiterate person can find this info.
My printer stopped connecting to my computer when I switched to a faster network that the Comcast guy set up and it wouldn't even hook up to the old one without this password that I don't know.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you know how to log into the router to check wireless settings? It’s fairly clear how to do this in the manual;

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDR3800/WNDR3800_UM_23Sept2014.pdf

When logged in you can change the Wireless passphrase, I don’t think the router will show you the existing passphrase in a readable form, but check anyway. So if you have to, change the passphrase, note it down somewhere, and then for each wireless device that you want to connect to the LAN you will have to use the new passphrase.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you know how to log into the router to check wireless settings? It’s fairly clear how to do this in the manual;

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDR3800/WNDR3800_UM_23Sept2014.pdf

When logged in you can change the Wireless passphrase, I don’t think the router will show you the existing passphrase in a readable form, but check anyway. So if you have to, change the passphrase, note it down somewhere, and then for each wireless device that you want to connect to the LAN you will have to use the new passphrase.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7