× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is the N 600 WNDR 3400 Windows 10 compatible?

GrannyShoes
Follower

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Is the N 600 WNDR 3400 Windows 10 compatible?

The WNDR3400 predates Windows 10, but it should be compatible with respect to Wi-Fi and Ethernet support. The bundled Genie application may have some difficulty running on Windows 10, but it's optional and not really needed. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

The WNDR3400 predates Windows 10, but it should be compatible with respect to Wi-Fi and Ethernet support. The bundled Genie application may have some difficulty running on Windows 10, but it's optional and not really needed. 

Message 2 of 6
EdFitz
Aspirant

I have the same question.  My ethernet connection works, but I get a message about how the Net Genie application is not compatible with Win 10.  Are there drivers or other software that update earlier Net Genie applications for WIn 10?

Message 3 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@EdFitzNETGEAR Genie application is not a mandatory software to make our routers work.

There have been reports that some users are having problems running NETGEAR Genie on Windows 10 and our engineers are investigating on this matter.

If you want to use NETGEAR Genie app, you may want to use an older utility version.

Message 4 of 6
EdFitz
Aspirant

Thanks - your advice is indeed corrrect!

Message 5 of 6
Mobil1man
Aspirant

I have been running this router with no problems, at all with the latest Windows 10 & Android based devices.  This has been an awesome router......I have at least 12 devices plus Direct TV going at any given time.......flawless.   

Tho, I'm a spoiled old man geek. I'm going to Best Buy soon, to buy a new router. 🙂

@GrannyShoes wrote:

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7