× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LED's Not Flashing / Always On

ekosanov
Aspirant

LED's Not Flashing / Always On

It would seem all the LED's on the router have stopped blinking (always on with active connection) tho from what i can tell the router is working fine.

I was reading a post for some other router and it was saying update or reinstall the software but my router is up to date so i reinstalled the software.

This was no help. I would hate to have to return the router.

The router is a WNDR4300v2

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: LED's Not Flashing / Always On

I have checked this with engineering and they said that for this model, LEDs will not flicker when there's traffic.

So, it's normal for it to be solidly lit all the time. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
ekosanov
Aspirant

The router is a WNDR4300v2

Message 2 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @ekosanov

If all LEDs are turned on even if there are no devices connected to it then I suggest that you replace the unit.

Message 3 of 7
ekosanov
Aspirant

They are not on with no connection. Only always on WITH an active connection. The LED's do not blink when data is sent like the other 9 Netgear products i have.

The ACK signal is sent by the receiving station (destination) back to the sending station (source) after the receipt of a recognizable block of data of specific size.
In this case the LED's blink to show activity. The WNDR4300v2 LED's do not blink.

I'm not sure how i can make this any more clear other then go home look at your router..... are the leds blinking showing data is being sent?
Well my new router does not.

Message 4 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Did you try factory reset

There are really no settings on the router to adjust and tell the LEDs to flicker when sending data.

It maybe just an isolated issue. 

Message 5 of 7
ekosanov
Aspirant

Yes i did try the factory reset and did not help then i reinstalled the OS also did not help.
Next i tried a new router from the same walmart i got this router from and it does the exact same thing.
I'm thinking it may be a code omission in the firmware.
I'm just trying to confirm if its just my units or all of the WNDR4300v2's. If its just my units then a hardwhere problem if all units then its a firmware issue.

Message 6 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I have checked this with engineering and they said that for this model, LEDs will not flicker when there's traffic.

So, it's normal for it to be solidly lit all the time. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7