× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mac cant read readyshare HD AC1750

CRobles
Aspirant

Mac cant read readyshare HD AC1750

Hello, I recently bought a western digital mybook external hd. I reformatted it to ntfs to make it easy on my wife who is a windows user. My macbook has ntfs for mac installed so reading and writing to ntfs from my mac is not a problem. But my mac cannot connect to the mybook hd through readyshare. When i try to connect to the server through go > connect to server I get the dropdown of all three hds connected to my router. The others are also ntfs and work fine with my mac and readyshare. But the mybook gets an error that says "There was a problem connecting to the server “readyshare”." and "Contact your system administrator for more information." When I try to access the hd through finder again the other two hds work fine in readyshare but the mybook gives me an error "The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “USB_Storage” can’t be found." All my windows devices can connect to the mybook via readyshare. My mac can even connect to it when using windows arm with parallels but still cant read or write on the mac os side. Why cant my mac os connect to the mybook through readyshare? What am I missing? The mybook works fine with my mac while plugged in with usb. The problem is with mac os > readyshare > mybook external hd.

Message 1 of 4

Re: Mac cant read readyshare HD AC1750

Which Netgear device do you own?

AC1750 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

Message 2 of 4
CRobles
Aspirant

Hello it is an R6350
Message 3 of 4

I should have asked about the firmware version ans the modem/gateway/ONT between the router nd the Internet.

Then there is this:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – readyshare mac

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7