× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My 5g network doesn't show up

camomiletea
Tutor

My 5g network doesn't show up

I have the N600 Wireless Dual Band router(WNDR3400v3), and I think the 5g used to show up... at least for a little bit, but not anymore. I've tried changing settings - disabling and reenabling them (specifically "Enable SSID Broadcast" it was checked by default, I unchecked, applied, then rechecked and applied), and changing the network name to see if that will work, but it just doesn't show up in network list... Is it broken?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: My 5g network doesn't show up

Yeah, that's a single band adapter.  There's no way the 5G network would have appeared on it.  You must have imagined it.  Or, perhaps, you gave your 5G network the same name as an old 2.4G network?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
camomiletea
Tutor

Hmm, update: I just checked and the 5g band does show up on another device (iPhone), but not on my laptop, and my iPhone shows a lot more networks than my laptop does... So this is an issue with laptop, which is running Windows 10. Anyone know how to get it to show more networks or how to manually input the information to connect to that band?

Message 2 of 5
TheEther
Guru

What's the model of your laptop?  It's possible that it doesn't have a dual band Wi-Fi adapter.

Message 3 of 5
camomiletea
Tutor

It has "Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000 " and apparently it's not dual band adapter. Okay, that makes a little bit more sense, although not why it used to show up in the past... I guess something broke, but more likely the laptop which is older than the router. It's a Dell XPS 15.

Message 4 of 5
TheEther
Guru

Yeah, that's a single band adapter.  There's no way the 5G network would have appeared on it.  You must have imagined it.  Or, perhaps, you gave your 5G network the same name as an old 2.4G network?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7