× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My Netgear Router WNDR34000V2 stopped assigning IP addresses to existing devices

rennie1
Follower

My Netgear Router WNDR34000V2 stopped assigning IP addresses to existing devices

My dual router no longer assigns IP addresses to devices that were previously added to the network.  They just stopped working and I cannot get them back online.  Just a few days ago my printer will not work because the router doesn't show an IP address for it.  Months ago my tv won't pick up an ip address either.  There should not be a problem with this as the printer and the router are close.  I can see the devices are showing as "allowed" devices, shows their mac addresses, etc.  the router just won't assign IP addresses.

Any thoughts of what I can do.  I can't work with my printer so I need to find a solution.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: My Netgear Router WNDR34000V2 stopped assigning IP addresses to existing devices

Welcome to the community, @rennie1 

Try to reinstall the firmware of the router. 

After reinstalling, factory reset the router then reconfigure to get back the connection. 

Once it's configured, check if the problem remains.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: My Netgear Router WNDR34000V2 stopped assigning IP addresses to existing devices

I'm moving this to the correct forum area.

Message 2 of 3
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @rennie1 

Try to reinstall the firmware of the router. 

After reinstalling, factory reset the router then reconfigure to get back the connection. 

Once it's configured, check if the problem remains.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7