× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My PS4 will connect to my N750 router and the internet, but can't use PSN.

LyletheIceman
Aspirant

My PS4 will connect to my N750 router and the internet, but can't use PSN.

I am having an issue with my WNDR4300 N750 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router running on firmware version V1.0.0.32. It would seem that this router is cutting off connections with the Playstation Network. Having used a previous router and everything working fine, after the installation of the new router, PSN on my PS4 and the PS App on my phone cannot connect. After having been through several calls with both the PS support and my ISP support, I am hoping to find some solutions here. The easiest solution to me at the moment is to simply buy a new router, but I would prefer being able to use this one. Hope someone can help with this issue!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
LyletheIceman
Aspirant

Re: My PS4 will connect to my N750 router and the internet, but can't use PSN.

My PS4 is connected wirelessly, and no other device that we've used has had the issue so far. I changed the MTU down several times, and I'm afraid that didn't solve the problem. However, I think the problem might be elsewhere, as I was able to use an entirely different router and still had the same problem, so it appears that the router is not the issue.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @LyletheIceman

How is your PS4 connected to the router?

Is it wired or wireless?

If it's wireless are there any other wireless devices that's been experiencing the same issue?

Try to lower down the MTU value on the router. See the link. 

How do I change the MTU size on my NETGEAR Wireless Router

Message 2 of 4
LyletheIceman
Aspirant

My PS4 is connected wirelessly, and no other device that we've used has had the issue so far. I changed the MTU down several times, and I'm afraid that didn't solve the problem. However, I think the problem might be elsewhere, as I was able to use an entirely different router and still had the same problem, so it appears that the router is not the issue.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks for the update. Maybe the location of the Playstation.

See if you will get the same problem when you hardwired the unit to the router.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7