× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My R4500/N900 will not access internet (orange light stays on)

GmanCraig
Follower

My R4500/N900 will not access internet (orange light stays on)

I was fooling with settings to eliminate "noise" from too many devices and wanted to elininate the possibility of others arbitraily finding my router so I changed the channel in advanced settings. I set it to 6. As of that moment, I lost all access to internet. When I hook up my laptop via cable to the modem without router, internet works fine. I have tried 2 cables from moden to router, no benefit. I have pressed the reset, switched power off and on, pressed the wifi button on the front, unplugged for extended period. did the 30 seconds power/no power while pressing reset, and other techniques I have found here to no avail.

The problem is, it is as if I have no internet connexction at all, whild the internet light below the flashing green power light stays solid orange. I have driven myself crazy trying to find any help for this situation on this site and in searches, and have found this to be a totally futile endeavor. I hope someone here has some advice. I do not want to have to buy another modem, especially Netgear if this is the kind of support (none) they offer customers. 

There does not seem to be a real issue with the router other than I cannot reset it to factory settings no matter what I do because my computer will now not recognize it at the 192.168.1.1 it was working at before, and I have to use my phone hotspot to be able to get on here wirelessly. My modem is functional and there is no outage or issue, as I previously noted I can directly access modem to computer. I just want it to go back to what it was just an instant before the issue started. It will not show up in my access list for internet access options. It is so frustrating that I just want to go around complaining about Netgear everywhere because this is an issue Netgear has not addressed in troubleshooting. Yes, I downloaded the nighthawk app and no it did not do anything because it does not access my router model.

Model: R4500|N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: My R4500/N900 will not access internet (orange light stays on)

What firmware is on it? 

Is R4500 your actual model number? or is it wndr4500?

What modem is it connected to?

Message 2 of 3
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: My R4500/N900 will not access internet (orange light stays on)

If you have cable internet, power cycle your modem and wait til it connects to the internet. Then connect your router to the modem and run the system wizard to detect your internet and maybe that will make it work again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7