× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N600 - Can't find Access List after firmware upgrade

Reb1
Aspirant

N600 - Can't find Access List after firmware upgrade

I just upgraded my N600 to V1.0.0.52_1.0.81 and I can no longer get to my Access List to edit/add a MAC address. There used to be a button for it at the bottom of Advaced>Advanced Setup>Wireless Settings, but it's not there now. I can see my list of devices in Advanced>Security>Access Control, but I don't see a way to get to my list to make any changes. Where did it go?

Model: WNDR3400v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: N600 - Can't find Access List after firmware upgrade

Hi @Reb1

Welcome to the community!

What are the changes you need to do?

It's either you delete or add by clicking the dropdown arrow that says "View list of allowed devices..."

If you want to change the device name then delete it first then add it again using the desired device name.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Reb1

Welcome to the community!

What are the changes you need to do?

It's either you delete or add by clicking the dropdown arrow that says "View list of allowed devices..."

If you want to change the device name then delete it first then add it again using the desired device name.

Message 2 of 4
Reb1
Aspirant

Hi Elaine, 

Thanks for the reply. I can't say I'm liking this deviation from a normal ACL. It looks like my old ACL is gone and I'm going to have to add some devices back in. It's also not very user friendly to have to delete a device if I want to change the name, as I'll have to put the MAC address back in, too. I wish I hadn't updated the firmware, and I may even consider rolling it back. But thanks for telling me how this new system works.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Reb1 Forwarded that feedback to the management.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7