× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: N600 - How to reenable Router Mode?

davidaccola
Aspirant

N600 - How to reenable Router Mode?

I have followed the documentation here to enable modem-only mode on my N600 router/modem:

https://kb.netgear.com/27191/How-to-set-the-cable-modem-router-to-be-on-modem-only

That documentation shows you how to put your N600 in modem-only mode. But it does not speak to how to get your N600 back out of modem-only mode. The N600 can no longer be accessed at 192.168.0.1 (since it's now in modem-only mode), so what is the process for accessing the N600 settings now?

Context: I am no longer using the N600 as both router and modem. The N600 is now used as modem-only and a connected Nighthawk AC1750 is being used as router instead. In the event my Nighthawk router konks out and I want to reenable the router capbilities of my N600 again, how do I do that?

Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
davidaccola
Aspirant

That's really good info, thank you... I navigated to 192.168.100.1 and the web interface does load up, but not fully (not enough to be able to reverse the process). Is this a known issue?

What I get is an eternal loading wheel where the 'Router modem' setting ought to be. The browser dev console (Ctrl+Shift+I) reveals some errors--don't know if those are directly releated or not.

Edit: If anyone else encountering this same issue runs across this thread, it looks like the specific frame that isn't loading up is called http://192.168.100.1/RouterMode.htm - I'm not going to try it right now, but hypothetically navigating directly to that frame and then making the change would work even when the web interface overall is acting a bit broken.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

you reverse the procedure but go to 192.168.100.1 to do so. 

Message 2 of 4
davidaccola
Aspirant

That's really good info, thank you... I navigated to 192.168.100.1 and the web interface does load up, but not fully (not enough to be able to reverse the process). Is this a known issue?

What I get is an eternal loading wheel where the 'Router modem' setting ought to be. The browser dev console (Ctrl+Shift+I) reveals some errors--don't know if those are directly releated or not.

Edit: If anyone else encountering this same issue runs across this thread, it looks like the specific frame that isn't loading up is called http://192.168.100.1/RouterMode.htm - I'm not going to try it right now, but hypothetically navigating directly to that frame and then making the change would work even when the web interface overall is acting a bit broken.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Try using a different browser and/or pc. 

Sometimes clearing cookies/cache can help as well. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7