× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N600 WIFI Trouble after Power Cycle

Oppy
Aspirant

N600 WIFI Trouble after Power Cycle

Would really appreciate guidance as this is not a one time occurence:   On the some-what rare occasions when I turn off my router via the power button, upon turning it on I am unable to link to wifi.  Per my devises and the Genie, the signal is excellent, the passwords are knon and correct, and I see the wifi but I can not attach.  In the past I give up and reset to factory settings and start over.

Last night after 4 hours (um, yes) my andorid phone could attach to wifi but still not my Win7 laptops.  Clearly this is not a 'feature' of Netgear, yet it happens each and every time I power down.  Rather than reset again, I'd like to understand HOW to re-establish wifi after power down.  It cant be much different than Lyncsys, right?  Again, based on the Genie, everything should work fine.

I, and my blood pressure, will appreciate any input provided.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Oppy
Aspirant

Re: N600 WIFI Trouble after Power Cycle

I appreciate the input. The problem was, even though the genie was confirming the passwords, the unit had been reset to factory settings (admin, password) upon power down. Odd.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
wcalifas831
Prodigy

Sometimes that happens to my computer. I sometimes disable the wifi on my computer and then enable it again and that usually fixes it. Might be the firmware with your wifi on your computer could use a firmware upgrade or maybe the router needs a firmware upgrade, Have you checked into those two possible solutions?

Message 2 of 3
Oppy
Aspirant

I appreciate the input. The problem was, even though the genie was confirming the passwords, the unit had been reset to factory settings (admin, password) upon power down. Odd.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7