× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N750 Had Orange light on for internet and strange fix!

diverjerR
Aspirant

N750 Had Orange light on for internet and strange fix!

Model WNDDr4300V2, Windows 10, Dell Optiplex Firefox 111.0.1

Noticed I had no internet connection while trying to get on firefox browser.  All lights were green on N750 and Cox modem.  Bypassed N750 router and internet worked.  Put the N750 back on and no internet, so I powered off N750 and Cox Modem.  Waited and powered back up both.  This time Cox comes up all green (as it was before), but Orange internet light was on the N750 (it was green prior to power down but no internet), all other lights green on n750 (power, 2.4GHz, port 1, WPS) I have 5GHz turned off as I have nothing it would use.  Double checked all cables and another power off/on of N750. Still no internet and orange light.

Open browser and went to 192.168.1.1 and logged in.  It acted like it was a new set up asking for me to create a name and password, but they were already filled in by Firefox, I just hit enter and the light for internet went to green and all was well.

I found this to be strange as I really did nothing, could this be a sign something is going bad in router? 

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7