× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need help port forwarding for XBox One remote Streaming

varxtis
Aspirant

Need help port forwarding for XBox One remote Streaming

I have an R6200v2 Router and need help with port forwarding.

I came accross this set of instructions to setup port forwarding to stream XBox One Streaming remotely from anywhere

http://kinkeadtech.com/2015/07/how-to-stream-xbox-one-to-windows-10-from-anywhere-with-internet/

I have no clue when it comes to this stuff and I want to make sure I do it properly without messing up my existing Home Network.

Both the Port Forwarding and Port Triggering setup pages look very different from what the guy is using. Can someone walk me through what I do to set this up please?

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @varxtis,

You should input them in the field for External Starting Port and External Ending Port. You will need to forward them individually except for the range of 49000-65000. The steps are as follows.

1. Create a Service Name (It could be anything but you may not be able to use the same service name twice. Ex. XBOX1, XBOX2, and so on.)

2. Select the service type (TCP, UDP, or Both)

3. Input 5050 for both External Starting Port and External Ending Port.

4. Select the IP address of your XBOX.

5. Select Apply.

6. Do the same for the other port numbers. For the range, use 49000 for the External Starting Port and use 65000 for the External Ending Port.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @varxtis,

You may refer to the link below for the steps on how to setup port forwarding for your router. Please make sure you have the required information like the IP address of your the device that you will forwarding (XBOX), the port number/s, and protocol (TCP, UDP, TCP/UDP).

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24046

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 9
varxtis
Aspirant

I appreciate the reply, but Im confused on where the numbers 5050, 4838, and 49000-65000 fit in.

Message 3 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @varxtis,

You should input them in the field for External Starting Port and External Ending Port. You will need to forward them individually except for the range of 49000-65000. The steps are as follows.

1. Create a Service Name (It could be anything but you may not be able to use the same service name twice. Ex. XBOX1, XBOX2, and so on.)

2. Select the service type (TCP, UDP, or Both)

3. Input 5050 for both External Starting Port and External Ending Port.

4. Select the IP address of your XBOX.

5. Select Apply.

6. Do the same for the other port numbers. For the range, use 49000 for the External Starting Port and use 65000 for the External Ending Port.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 9
varxtis
Aspirant

Thank you very much!!

On the Range Service (49000-65000), I get the following error:

The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations. Please check your configurations of USB Readyshare, Remote Management, Port Forwarding, Port Triggering, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type.

Any suggestions/ideas on what might be causing this by default.

EDIT: Found where they're being used... under UPnP. There seesm to be a LOT of them. Many are for the same IP Addresses. What is UPnP. is there a different round-about way of establishing the ranged ports for port forwarding. Also, for my clarification. Im supposed to be creating these new services under Port Forwarding and not Port Triggering, right?

Message 5 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @varxtis,

UPnP allows some of your devices to discover and communicate with other connected devices within the network. You can disable UPnP then perform port forwarding. Yes, they should be under Port Forwarding not unless it is specified by the application to be triggered.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 9
varxtis
Aspirant

Thank you again.

Last question:

If I do disable UPnP to do the port forwarding, would I reactivate it after Ive established the port forwarding? I use my tablet and phone a lot to manage my computers and transfer files. Idk if doing this would be worth messing up how my devices communicate with the network.

Message 7 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @varxtis,

Yes, you may re-enable UPnP if you have lost some functionality between your devices.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 8 of 9
varxtis
Aspirant

Thank you very much for all of your help!! It is very much appreciated.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7