× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Net Gear AC1200

HotRod1975
Aspirant

Net Gear AC1200

I have a AC1200 Net Gear router I cant seam to make up my own password for it can anyone help thanks also I cant seam to find out if its communicating with my cell or pc or laptop the lights are not flashing on modem: 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Net Gear AC1200

What actual router do you have? AC1200 is a speed.

Are you talking about changing the wireless ssid/password? 

if you go to netgear.com/support/   type in your model number. It takes you to manuals, firmware, guides, etc. 

what firmware is on the router?
What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

do hardwired devices work?

Message 2 of 4
mezgomg
Aspirant

Having hard time setting up AC1200 to my Xfinity modem
Message 3 of 4

@mezgomg wrote:
Having hard time setting up AC1200 to my Xfinity modem

Did you read the year-old messages you latched on to?

That would have told you that there is no such thing as an AC1200 router. AC1200 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide. For example, as this is a router, it helps to know what modem you are using and the various things that you have tried to fix the problem.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7