× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Gaming Issues

Pejinkajink
Follower

Netgear Gaming Issues

HELP. I cannot play Street Fighter V ranked without getting disconnected every 3rd match with the same error code (40002) without fail. I'm hardwired, I have port forwarded the suggested ports, changed my DNS, uninstalled/reinstalled, changed IP's, turned off IPv6 and changed my NAT type to open. This pc and my amazon fire tv are the only thing this router is connected to and nothing has worked. I've contacted Capcom support and they just told me to do all the things I just listed above (which I had already done). It has 0 issues with any other P2P fighting game, only Street Fighter. I have 0 idea what else to do, please help. AC1200 WiFi Router (R6220) 

Message 1 of 2

Re: Netgear Gaming Issues

@Pejinkajink wrote:

HELP. I cannot play Street Fighter V ranked without getting disconnected every 3rd match with the same error code (40002) without fail.

What evidence is there that your router causes this problem? After all, you have no issues with other games.

What gives that code? Any other useful error messages?

Any clues in the logs for your router?

If it is down to this game in particular, you might get more help from the people who support it.

Did you search for local mentions of this game?

Street Fighter

When it comes to your local network, it helps to provide the usual details.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7