× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear R6220 wall mount screws

bardicus
Initiate

Netgear R6220 wall mount screws

I have been unable to find a screw around the house that will fit the Netgear R6220 mounting holes on the bottom of the router. I have recently mounted a switch and a power strip on the wall without any major issues, but it seems as if the R6220 needs a specialty screw. Where can I find them and buy them? It needs to be both very small and very flat it seems. Every time I find a screw that looks like it might work, it's a bit off in some way. I've already got holes in my wall where I want it, but ran into this screw issue.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
bardicus
Initiate

Re: Netgear R6220 wall mount screws

I went with Handi-Pack Part# 86063 6 x 3/4 SLOTTED FLAT HD SHEET METAL SCREWS STAINLESS. These use a flathead instead of philips, but I had already made the holes and put in an anchor trying to use different screws before, so I just turned them in slowly with a hand screwdriver and now I've had the router up on the wall for a day or so without any major issues.

I sent someone else on the errand of trying out different screw sizes with a spare R6220 that wasn't currently being used for anything (I have several of these things), so I don't recall which store it's from. I'm gonna say it was either Home Depot or Menard's. The person I sent said this was all they found in the whole place that fit, and they only had one 2 pack of the screws there.

Note: I also see the number "89149" in marker on the back side of the bag the screws came in. I don't know why, but it might be important. Maybe the part no. was wrong on the bag or maybe that other part no. is similar.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Sadly you're going to need to go to a hardware store. I'd just bring the router with to see what you can find that will fit it. 

Message 2 of 3
bardicus
Initiate

I went with Handi-Pack Part# 86063 6 x 3/4 SLOTTED FLAT HD SHEET METAL SCREWS STAINLESS. These use a flathead instead of philips, but I had already made the holes and put in an anchor trying to use different screws before, so I just turned them in slowly with a hand screwdriver and now I've had the router up on the wall for a day or so without any major issues.

I sent someone else on the errand of trying out different screw sizes with a spare R6220 that wasn't currently being used for anything (I have several of these things), so I don't recall which store it's from. I'm gonna say it was either Home Depot or Menard's. The person I sent said this was all they found in the whole place that fit, and they only had one 2 pack of the screws there.

Note: I also see the number "89149" in marker on the back side of the bag the screws came in. I don't know why, but it might be important. Maybe the part no. was wrong on the bag or maybe that other part no. is similar.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7