× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Online LED wont light up

minioo
Follower

Online LED wont light up

Hi, I’m using an AC1200 WiFi Cable Modem Router, Model C6220.
I’m pretty sure I have ISP, and I have all the required cables connected to power.
(Power adapter connected, Coaxial cable connected, and Ethernet cable connecting the modem router and the wall(?))
On the setup manual, it says I have to wait up to 10 minutes for the Online LED to light up after turning the power on.
However, the LED shows no sign of lighting up. The only LED lights I see are the power, ethernet, and downstream(although its blinking).
I don’t see my Wifi network name (SSID) on the network list on both my laptop and phone, so obviously, no connection, no wifi.
What should I do? please help
Model: C6220|DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Online LED wont light up

@minioo wrote:

I’m pretty sure I have ISP, and I have all the required cables connected to power.

You are "pretty sure" you have the ISP? Doesn't sound encouraging.

Perhaps this is a clue:

@minioo wrote:
The only LED lights I see are the power, ethernet, and downstream(although its blinking).

According to the manual that says "The unit is scanning for a downstream channel."

Support | NETGEAR

What does your ISP say about your service? Have you talked to them?

Your modem.router won't get very far if they haven't set up your service.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7