× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Permanently Disable Forcing Netgear Account Login - R6330 (and all other models, for that matter)

djdave238
Guide

Permanently Disable Forcing Netgear Account Login - R6330 (and all other models, for that matter)

I do not want to, and will not, and should not have to, be forced into logging into a Netgear account just to use MY router that I purchased. I'm not renting it from you, I don't have a contract with you, you don't need my personal information.

How do I disable this PERMANENTLY?  I shouldn't have to reload "http://www.routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm" five times in a row just to LOG IN to my router without signing up for an intrusive, data-sniffing Netgear account.

netgear forced account login.PNG

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Permanently Disable Forcing Netgear Account Login - R6330 (and all other models, for that matter

Should be able to use 'admin' and pw as first set up during the setup wizard. 

Might have to reset and then walk thru the setup wizard. Ensure to use 'admin' for the log in account and give a password.

Review the installation or user manuals for this information. 

Message 2 of 5
djdave238
Guide

Re: Permanently Disable Forcing Netgear Account Login - R6330 (and all other models, for that matter

I've already set up the router. I had to set it up offline because it wouldn't allow me to complete setup without a netgear account.

Now, every time I try to log in, it continues to rudely demand a netgear account unless I use the bypass found here: https://kb.netgear.com/978/Completely-avoiding-the-Smart-Wizard which requires multiple re-tries before you can actually get to the management interface.

I shouldn't have to do this just to log in if I don't want a Netgear account on my router.  Ridiculous.

Message 3 of 5
djdave238
Guide

I'm assuming from the lack of answers here that there is no way to disable this obnoxious behavior?

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7